Register and VOTE! Rules for North Carolina
- Ways to Register
- Want to confirm that you're registered?
Check your North Carolina voter registration and your polling place
- Polling place location info (Guilford County, PDF)
- Absentee voting information from the State Board of Elections
- Request Absentee ballots from your County Board of Elections
- Voting from Abroad
- Registrarse para voter en Español
Where do you vote?
To check your Guilford County polling place, click here through the NC Statewide Voter Search.
Voters in North Carolina must meet the following qualifications:
- U.S. Citizen
- 18 years old on election day
- North Carolina resident for 30 days
- Not registered to vote elsewhere
Voter registration in North Carolina is a fairly simple process. State law requires voters to register 25 days before an election. Registration forms are widely available, and can be obtained at county board of elections, libraries, high schools, and through other organizations.
In addition, North Carolina participates in the Motor Voter program, which allows residents to register to vote when they apply for a North Carolina driver's license. Applications are also available at the Democratic Party Headquarters in Raleigh.
For more information on voter registration in North Carolina, please visit the State Board of Elections